It's a story about how I tried to open a project in Visual Studio for a few hours. The other day, I was going to do some work. I pulled last commits from a repo, opened Visual Studio, and prepared to start coding. However, one of a project in my solution failed to open with a strange message:
error : The operation could not be completed.
In the Solution Explorer, I had "load failed" as a project status and the following message instead of the file tree: "The project requires user input. Reload the project for more information." Hmm, ok, I reloaded the project and got a few more errors:
error : The operation could not be completed. error : The operation could not be completed.
Today I tell you a story about one tricky bug. The bug is a tricky one because it doesn't allow me to debug my application on Mondays. I'm serious right now: the debug mode doesn't work every Monday. Furthermore, the bug literally tell me: "Happy Monday!".
So, the story. It was a wonderful Sunday evening, no signs of trouble. We planned to release a new version of our software (a minor one, but it includes some useful features). Midnight on the clock. Suddenly, I came up with the idea that we have a minor bug that should be fixed. It requires a few lines of code and 10 minutes to do it. And I decided to write needed logic before I go to sleep. I open VisualStudio, lunch build, and wait. But something goes wrong, because I get the following error:
Error connecting to the pipe server.
Hmm. It is a strange error.Read more